All images and text are ©Artisan Soaps so please don't steal them &/or claim as your own!


25 February 2011

Christchurch Earthquake

Just a quick note to let everyone know that while my daughter was in the worst hit part of Christchurch when the earthquake hit, she is now home with me in Golden Bay - uninjured, but severely traumatized ..

The majority of our friends and family that live there have also been accounted for, though sadly at least one person she knows has passed away as a result ..

Please keep the people of Christchurch in your hearts and minds, especially the families of the 102 confirmed dead and 300 still missing, presumed crushed beneath rubble .. New Zealand is a very small country and nearly everyone will know someone, or someone who knows someone, who has not survived this tragedy :(

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you . so glad to hear your daughter is safe. My partner's family all live in Christchurch too. Thankfully no-one we know has been lost, but yes lots of homes destroyed and a huge stress for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your family and their extended group are safe! Please pass this on to anyone who might need help: http://www.trademe.co.nz/christchurch-earthquake-support - There are listings for free accommodation all over the country as well as transport, physical labor to clean up, generators, food/beds/clothing/china, help with lost/found pets etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad she is safe. Unreal! How awful... natural disasters are devastating. I will keep everyone in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete